Skip to main content

Internship in Indonesia

I realllllllyyy want to share photos and video i took here but the time to load the picture is very slow. Hence, i will share them next time or probably when i'm back in Malaysia. A very brief introduction, I am doing my internship by attachment at Bogor Agricultural University. Bogor is located 60 km from Jakarta which is 2 hours drive.

Me and my friends (5 of us) arrived in Indonesia yesterday and today is our official first day of internship. There is nothing much to do today. Only short briefing (2 hours is considered short) and after that we went to Giant (wohooo Bogor pun ada Giant okay) at Darmaga to shop for some groceries. Giant in Bogor have their own fast food called Giant Fried Chicken. It is similar to KFC just a changed in the first word. The taste is quite good, can beat KFC. The price is so cheap! Rice+2piece chicken+coke only 24000 rp or RM 7. Woww.

How i convert the currency? Before eid, i have downloaded this one apps (Malaysia currency converter) in playstore. Apps ne sangat penting bagi aku. Sebab orang suka cakap duit Indonesia murah so bila nampak harga ja mesti convert to RM untuk buat perbandingan. Analitical sangat kau.haha. Ternyata harga bagi sesetengah barang di sini agak murah berbanding di Malaysia. Perhaps i will share the price of some goods in another post.

Last night before we check in at our dormitory, we went to Botani square (1 hour drive from the place we are staying now). After dinner we went to Giant (erm, orang malaysia ne memang suka pergi giant ke apa?)
Okay back to main story. Masa dekat kaunter,
Cashier : dari mana?
Us: malaysia.
Cashier: Ohhh. Salam upin ipin ya.

Hahaha.upin ipin juga dikenali di Indonesia ya bapak bapak ibuk ibuk.

Sebab kami ni baru bertatih belajar bahasa Indonesia banyak jugak lah perkataan yang perlu diproses. Tapi kira okay lah sebab dulu selalu tengok sinetron so basic mungkin ada. Ahaha.
The funny thing is i have one friend that doesn't understand much Indonesian word.
Here's the story.

Friend : Miss di mana ada photocopy gratis?
Semua orang macam pelik *tumben banget. Maunya gratis aja*
Another friend : Eh ko ne nak percuma je.
Friend : hah? Apa yang percuma?
Us : Gratis tu kan percuma.
Friend : ohhh yeke. Aku ingat cantik. Photocopy gratis = photocopy cantik. Nasib aku tak cakap lagi kat orang "kamu gratis sekali" nanti dia ingat aku cakap dia percuma pulak.
*And everyone burst into laughter.haha.

Sebutan ABC di Indonesia juga berbeda dari Malaysia or in English. Banyak la juga perkataan yang sebutan is so different from the spelling. I tried to speak in Indonesia and if i think i can't speak the full sentences in Indonesia i just speak in English or Melayu baku. Haha.

During this two days, i observed (by hearing) how Indonesian speaks. After 2 months of internship i should be able to speak Indonesian fluently (You wish, farah).

I guess there are so many things to share and i will figure out how to make the story simple but informative. Many people havent heard about Bogor before and i hope to show Bogor to people from my perspective.

Till then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indonesian foods

Prepare your eyes. This is an all pictures blogpost.  I was in Jakarta 3 times only : when i first arrived, went to theme park, and going back to Malaysia.  So these foods are basically what i ate at Bogor or specifically at the village that i was doing my internship. Some are fast foods tho 😂😂😂 *not all foods that i ate are in cause i must be either too tired,too hungry or i don't care about taking pictures anymore. haha soto versi nasi. makan di rumah supervisor. ada sup,taugeh,bwg goreng,bergedil,keropok. kuih kacang hitam i guess? di Malaysia pun ada 😂 Jenang nanas. macam dodol. kerepek pisang tempe goreng that doesn't taste like one they don't use tapau bila bila bagi makanan to guest. semua dalam kotak macam ni. alaaa,macam kotak kek tu. btw, ini nasi padang. silakan pilih sop duren. favvv. sangat berasa durian okayy. durian+ice+cheese sop buah. susu cair+buah buahan+ais+sirap sikit kek lapis bogor dappp. mad...

FREE MANDARIN COURSE AT AMC COLLEGE KOTA KINABALU

Hello beautiful souls! 😊 I have always wanted to learn Mandarin since I was a kid. Pengaruh cerita cina. One of the reason to be excited to enter Uni was to take Mandarin as a foreign language. Unfortunately....my university (UKM) do not offer foreign language course as we are not located in the main campus in Bangi. I studied in UKM KL campus. So in Uni, I have been only learning English 😂 Then I told myself, I'm gonna take the course in AMC college once I graduated since the duration for the course is 3 months, I didn't get to do it while studying. By the way, I went to AMC after SPM as well, that's when I learned English course before I went to Matriculation.  After graduated in 2017, I applied for the course but never been called. Last year I finally get a PIC contact number and it happened that I changed my phone number but did not update in the system. LOL. Normally, it will take at least a year before you can get in due to limited number of particip...

Epic sunrise experience

Hello beautiful souls 💜 2 days ago we planned to chase the sunrise, again. After the failure of the previous one -- we only chase dream in our sleep. I have always thought that hiking would have the best chance to see sunrise cause people have been doing this in the morning. But well, me being me do not want to hike for sunrise since it took up too much energy. Then we thought, going to the beach should be fine.   Sehati sejiwa, yakin this time will be our time. So we chose Tanjung Aru Beach to chase for the sunrise in this beautiful Wednesday morning. I asked Deidre to give me a wake up call at 4 a.m.  I sleep for less than 3 hours only. Even I doubt myself if I am able to wake up 😂 She. really. called. me. For a moment at 4 a.m, I stay on my bed re-thinking my decision for this super early morning trip. But then Deidre sent a follow up text saying "Please confirm if you are awake so I can go to bath in peace" Wahh this woman....